From minute 2.13 approximately
1. What did Bradley and Craig Wilcox think about the elderly lady Bradley Wilcox is talking about?
2. What is Okinawa home to?
3. Does Mr Miagi know about the latest diets?
4. What kind of things have scientists focused on in order to study Okinawans’ longevity?
5. What have they discovered?
6. What percentage of Okinawans are still functioning independently at 97 years old?
7. What is DHEA?
8. Where can the source of the Okinawan miracle be found?
9. How does Bradley Wilcox qualify Okinawan’s diet?
10. What have Craig and Bradley been analyzing for the last twenty years?
11. What crucial properties have they identified?
12. What do Okinawans consume more than in any other part of the world?
Shangri-La: Shangri La is a fictional place described in the 1933 novel Lost Horizon by British author James Hilton . In the book, “Shangri-La” is a mystical, harmonious valley, gently guided from a lamaseryl enclosed in the western end of the Kunlun Mountains . Shangri-La has become synonymous with any earthly paradise but particularly a mythical Himalaya a utopia — a permanently happy land, isolated from the outside world. In the novel Lost Horizon, the people who live at Shangri-La are almost immortal, living years beyond the normal lifespan and only very slowly aging in appearance. The word also evokes the imagery of exoticism of the Orient.
Lifespan: the length of time for which a person, animal or thing exists.
Sweet potatoes: batatas.
Tofu:a soft pale food which has very little flavour but is high in protein, and which is made from the seed of the Asian soya bean plant.
Fad: a style, activity or interest which is very popular for a short period of time.
To enhance: to improve the quality, amount or strength of something.
1. She looked much younger than she actually was.
2. One of the longest-living communities on earth.
3. No. He is unaware of the latest diets and fads.
4. If there is a family history of longevity and the past medical history of all the people in their family network.
5. The Okinawan age more slowly than almost anyone else on earth.
7. A hormone.
8. In the vegetables and fruits they eat.
9. Rainbow diet.
10. the life-enhancing Okinawan ingredients.
11. Anti-oxidants, soya proteines.
12. Tofu, soya products.