WORD FORMATION: VERBS
- Have you ever overcooked anything?
- Do you ever misread your exam questions?
- Do you think your teachers overload you with information?
- Do you think that in these days of technological change we all suffer from information overload?
- When was the last time you misheard something?
- What kind of materials do you usually reuse?
- How often is your performance at school or collage evaluated? What are your results?
- Have you ever been unable to hear what somebody was saying because of the deafening roar of the sea / the deafening applause of an audience? On what circumstances might you talk about deafening silence?
- Do you know anyone who has been disqualified from driving for some time? Did this person also lose points? Did they have to pay a fine?
- In what professsions do women outnumber men? And vice-versa?
- How long does it take you to familiarise yourself with a new teacher / with bureaucratic procedures / a new doctor…?
- Do you think women outlive men? Why / Why not?
- What mechanical devices can you think of that have outlived their usefulness?
- Do you ensure that all lights are switched off before you leave your home? Do you ensure that you have read the instruction manual before using a new electrical appliance / mobile phone / MP3 / MP4 / DVD…?