UNIVERSITY AND UNIVERSITY DEGREES
1. To what extent is having a degree in Spain a guarantee of higher earnings?
2. Does having a university degree imply higher social status?
3. Do you think it is important for someone to attend university? Why?
4. If you had / have any children, would you like them to go to university in the future? Why?
5. What kind of education can you receive at university?
6. What are the advantages and disadvantages of going to university?
7. How might university education be improved?
8. Should university education be paid for privately, by student loans or government grants? Why?
9. Should university students study away from home in order to get a degree?
10. Do you think studying in a foreign country on an Erasmus grant is something positive or not?
11. How satisfied are you with your university’s contribution to your academic and/or personal growth?
12. Has university taught you…
- to learn independently?
- to learn and appreciate the arts?
- to understand and apply scientific principles and methods?
- to understand different philosophies and cultures?
13. What is the most important thing university may teach us?
14. What are the best degrees you can study at the Universidad de Cantabria? What is the UC famous for?
15. Do you know any student who has had a first-class degree (matrícula de honor)?
16. Do you think that Spanish universities are better than the ones in England, or is it the other way round?
17. Which are the best universities in Spain?
18. In your opinion, what are the top five universities in Europe?
19. Can you mention any American universities?