Vocabulary reading page 12
– RECORDED HISTORY: written history.
– WIDELY SPOKEN: spoken in a lot of different places.
– THE KEY TO STHG.
– TO CONDUCT: to organize and perform a particular activity.
– TO CONDUCT THEIR BUSINESS.
– TO OUTNUMBER: to be greater in number than someone or something.
– ENCOUNTER: a meeting, especially one that happens by chance.
– TO RUN SMOOTHLY: to operate easily and without interruption or difficulty.
– TO BE POOR AT: to be bad at sthg.
– TO ENSURE: to make sure.
– TO CONDUCT A CONFERENCE.
– TO INSIST ON
– JOURNAL: a serious magazine or newspaper which is published regularly, usually about a specialist subject.
– TO BOTHER: to make the effort to do something.
– EMERGENCE: the process of appearing.
– THUS: In this way; with this result.