GAMBLING ADDICTION TREATMENT
1. How do people who are addicted to gambling feel?
2. When did gambling become a regular thing for Jim Robinson?
3. Who helped him rein in his addiction?
4. How long has Jim abstained from gambling?
5. What is pathological gambling, according to Dr Timothy Fong?
6. What addictions does Dr Fong compare the addiction to gambling to?
7. What physical symptoms are associated with gambling?
– ____________________ in your stomach.
– ____________________ palms.
– very fast ____________________.
8. Why have 16 out of 27 gamblers reported fewer urges to gamble?
9. Why is N-acetyl-L-Cysteine not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration?
To curb: to control or limit something that is not desirable.
Regular: happening or doing something often.
To rein in: to control an emotion, activity or situation to prevent it from becoming too powerful.
Urge: a strong desire, especially one which is difficult or impossible to control.
Over the counter: Drugs that are bought over the counter are bought in a shop without first visiting a doctor.
Under the counter: Things bought under the counter are bought secretly and illegally.
Food and Drug Administration: The Food and Drug Administration is an agency of the US Department of Health and Human Services which is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety, tobacco products, dietary supplements, prescriptions, vaccines, biopharmaceuticals, etc… Comisión Nacional del Medicamento.
1. It’s beyond their control.
2. at 13.
3. His family.
4. One year and a half.
5. A brain disease.
6. Drugs, alcohol.
7. Butterflies in your stomach
very fast heartbeat.
8. Because they have taken a pill / a supplement.
9. Because it is an over-the-counter supplement.