- Complete the following lines:
“SEE YOU LATER, ALLIGATOR.
AFTER A WHILE, __________.”
- Name three herbivores / carnivores / omnivores.
- Can you name a black and white striped animal which lives in the savanna?
4. It’s a vegetarian animal which has a long neck and sleeps standing up.
5. This animal’s name comes from two Greek words that mean “river horse.”
6. This is the fastest land animal in the world.
7. What birds sleep during the day and emerge at night to hunt small prey, such as mice? Athena, Athens’ patron goddess and the goddess of wisdom, had this bird as a symbol.
8. This animal fattens up on fish and berries to hibernate all winter.
9. What is the largest mammal on earth?
10. Bats: are they mammals or birds?
11. The presence of these animals is traditionally believed to protect the Crown of England and the Tower of London; a superstition suggests that “If the Tower of London __________ are lost or fly away, the Crown will fall and Britain with it.”
12. Do you know any other superstitions that have to do with animals?
13. RACE is to humans, as __________ is to animals.
14. In your opinion, what do the following sayings mean:
o A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
o Birds of a feather flock together.
o The early bird catches the worm.
o Curiosity killed the cat.
o He who lies down with dogs, rises with fleas.
o You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
o There are plenty more fish in the sea.
o You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink.