ENGLISH AND YOU
- When you started learning English, how good did you think it was possible for you to get?
- Were you successful at English from the start – or did success only come slowly?
- How has your own progress compared with other students you have worked with?
- Think of the other people you started learning with. Do you still know any of them? How many of them do you think might have become as good at English as you are?
- What things have motivated you most in your learning?
- What have been the biggest obstacles? Here are some examples. Which ones apply to you? Can you think of any others?
- Feeling that you are not learning fast enough.
- Boredom with being in a classroom.
- Coping with large amounts of vocabulary.
- Frustration; you’ll never be as good as you want to be.
- Too many exams.
- Not getting sufficient opportunity to speak English.
- Still making elementary mistakes.
- Not being able to understand English / American people in films.