BRITISH ENGLISH vs. AMERICAN ENGLISH
Decide whether the following sentences have been written using American of British English.
- The park is in the center of town.
- Mr. Barnes, our caretaker, found my key.
- Have you seen the latest movie?
- The accident happened because the blue car didn’t stop at the traffic lights.
- Tom told me to get off the Underground at Tower Hill.
- What about another chocolate biscuit?
- We’ll stop at the next gas station.
- I got this book at the new bookstore.
- Have you found Ann’s rubber?
- Put the box into the garbage can, please.
- She’s been in prison for two years now.
- He came to Lisbon in the fall of 1999.
- The car had to stop because of a flat tire.
- The people went to a sledge race in Alaska.
- Jim is our new neighbor.
- Should we really put the bottles into the boot of the car?
- I think I’ll change the baby’s nappy.
- English was my favorite subject at school.
- John is driving a new truck these days.
- I like french fries, they are very crispy.