- What medical problems might you have if…
A. You wear shoes that rub?
B. You eat too fast?
C. You stay out in the sun too long?
D. You eat food you are allergic to?
E. You run unusually too fast for a bus?
F. You eat food that is bad?
G. A mosquito bites you?
H. You get wet on a cold day?
I. You think you are ill all the time?
J. You are lost in the snow for too long?
2. Do you suffer fromany allergies?
3. Have you ever been operated on? How long did it take you to recover from your operation?
4. Do the following phrasal verbs and expressions have a positive or a negative meaning?
A. Be poorly
B. Be on the mend
C. Feel a bit under the weather
D. Be back on one’s feet again
E. Be over the worst
F. Get over
G. Fight off
H. Come down with
5. When was the last time you went down with flu? How long did it take you to get over it?
6. When was the last time you were feverish? What was the matter?
7. When were you last ill? What were your symptoms? What did the doctor prescribe?
8. When have you suffered from the side-effects of any medicine?
9. What do you think of the Spanish National Health Service (NHS)?
10. Have you ever had a blood test? What for?
11. Have you ever been X-rayed?
12. Do you know anybody who has high or low blood pressure? What do you have to do if you have low blood pressure?