PLASTIC SURGERY FOR SEVEN-YEAR-OLDS?
0. Most parents would go very far to protect their children from BULLYING.
1. The number of children and teenagers undergoing cosmetic surgery has increased by _________________ over the last decade.
2. Kids are sick of being _______________ for how they look.
3. Some common examples of cosmetic fixes are orthodontia and ________________.
4. Samantha’s family thought that ________________ would ward off bullies.
5. Samantha has cup ears, which means that her ears ________________.
6. Samantha’s mother thinks her child’s ears are making her ________________ and ________________.
7. Samantha will undergo surgery in ________________.
8. It is the first time both mother and child have ever ________________.
9. Dr Steven Pearlman is fixing Samantha’s ears ________________ thanks to the Little Baby Face Foundation.
10. Samantha could only have a look at what she now looked like ________________ later.
11. Dr Pearlman is adamant that even the slightest ________________ can bring on teasing and bullying.
12. The reason why it is so easy to do these kinds of procedures is because children’s ears are ________________ of the size of an adult.
 Makeover: a complete transformation of the appearance of someone or something.
 Fixes: a solution to a problem; to repair or restore.
 Adamant: refusing to be persuaded or to change one’s mind. Firme, categórico.
3. CONTACT LENSES
4. PLASTIC SURGERY
5. STICK OUT
6. CONSCIOUS – SHY
7. NEW YORK
8. FLOWN / VISITED NEW YORK / BEEN ON A PLANE / TRAVELLED BY PLANE
9. FREE OF CHARGE
10. A WEEK