INVERSION – THE OMEN
- Mr. Robert Thorn knew his son had died at birth after he arrived at the hospital.
- He had never thought his baby would die.
- Priests don’t usually offer orphans as surrogate children.
- Mr. Thorn accepted the offer and didn’t tell his wife what had happened.
(Not only … but also)
- Mr. Thorn didn’t share the secret with his wife.
(On no occasion)
- This sort of adoption seldom happens in real life.
- Mr. Thorn didn’t know much about the baby’s mother.
- Mr. Thorn hadn’t decided to keep the child until he saw the baby.
(Not until )
- Mrs. Thorn will never be able to bear another child.
 Surrogate: suplente, sustituto, en vías de adopción. Surrogate mother: vientre de alquiler.