- What social or global issues are a major problem nowadays?
- What do people do to try and solve them?
- Discuss the following statements and say whether you agree with them or not.
- Nobody does something for nothing.
- I would never give money to a charity.
- There’s no point in giving money to beggars, they only spend it on alcohol.
- Events like Band Aid are motivated by publicity rather than humanity.
- What charities can you mention?
- How can we help charities? How can well-known people help them?
- Do you support any charities? If so, how long and why have you supported them?
- In which of the following ways do you support the charity?
- by giving occasional donations.
- By regular donations.
- By standing order.
- By being a volunteer.
- Buying from the charity’s shop.
- Donating goods to the charity’s shop.