I DIDN’T KNOW THAT – THE SECRET LIFE OF TELEPHONES
- How must the string be if you want vibrations to travel to the cup at the other end?
- What does the cup at the other end work as?
- When was this fact discovered?
- What was the crinoline lady used for?
- What happened when the use of the telephone became widespread?
- Why did operator girls clock off at 8 pm?
- What were operators replaced by?
- How did phone conversations then begin to be transmitted?
- What replaced our old cabling system?
- How much information can be carried in this way?
- How are voices carried?
- How many mobile phones are there in use in the UK alone?
- to cover ugly phones / to hide ugly phones
- they wanted to make them different
- they were not allowed to work the night shift.
- electronic switches
- on high frequency radio signals (called mocrowaves)
- optical fibers
- millions of bits of information at once
- along pulses of light, which make them arrive quicker and clearer
- 60 million