Listen to the following video (DO NOT WATCH IT) and complete the gaps.
SECRETS FROM THE SCIENCE OF PERSUASION
- Researchers have been studying what influences us to ________________ to the request of others.
- We might think that when we make a decision, we consider all the ________________ to guide our thinking.
- It is because we lead very ________________ lives that we need shortcuts to make decisions.
- Some of the universal shortcuts guiding our behaviour are:
- We usually give back to others what we have ________________ first.
- We are more likely to say ‘yes’ to someone we ________________.
- One of the best examples of reciprocation comes from studies conducted in ________________.
- The gift waiters may give us when they bring us the bill increases our tip by ________________, but if they give us twice as many gifts the amount of money we give them ________________.
- The tip is often influenced by ________________ something has been given.
- The key to the principle of reciprocation is ensuring that what you give is ________________ and ________________.
- Consumers usually want more of those things they can have ________________ of. That’s why when British Airways announced that the New York – London Concorde flight would not fly as often as it used to, sales ________________.
- When talking about the benefits of something, not only must we emphasize what is ________________ about our product , but also what we stand to ________________ if we do not use it.
- SAY ‘YES’
- INFORMATION AVAILABLE
- AUTHORITY / CONSISTENCY / LIKING / CONSENSUS
- 3% – QUADRUPLES
- PERSONALISED – UNEXPECTED
- LESS – TOOK OFF
- UNIQUE – LOSE