PLANET EARTH 100 MILLION YEARS IN THE FUTURE – WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO OUR WORLD?
- If intergalactic explorers came back to the Earth hundreds of millions of years from now, they would find
- a giant landmass with huge mountains ________________,
- massive _______________ snowfields,
- The remnants of once thriving metropolis would lay buried under ________________.
- The ________________ of continents shapes and reshapes our planet.
- It is easy to see the distinctive _________________ of land that makes up the continents from space.
- The world as we now see it will have been destroyed by
- ________________-force winds,
- extremes of temperatures,
- giant freezes,
- The geological future of New York will be rather ________________.
- The world as we know it will be _________________.
- This remodelling is part of a(n) ________________ that has been shaping the Earth for the last four billion years.
- This process will continue until the sun finally ________________ the surface of the earth.
- Nowadays, our continents seem ________________ and ________________; however, these landmasses are constantly ______________.
- RANGES – FROZEN – GLACIERS
- TONS (TONNES) OF ROCK
- STORM – HEATWAVES – DROUGHTS
- TRAUMATIC / Dramatic ?
- NATURAL CYCLE
- SOLID – SAFE – ON THE MOVE