- be addicted to TV
- couch potato
- prime time (TV)
- producer / director / the cast / leading actors
- television channel
- television programme
- A repeat
- Chat show/ Talk show / Interviews: TV host, guests.
- Commercial breaks / commercials
- Cooking shows / cookery show
- Documentaries: Wildlife, History, Science, etc.
- Quiz Shows / Game shows: contestants, host.
- Lifestyle (Cars, fashion, hunting and fishing, Makeover, DIY, gardening, Cooking shows, etc.)
- News bulletin / the news: Anchorman / presenter / newscaster
- Reality TV / a reality show (Big Brother)
- Sit-com (Situation Comedy): Friends, Frasier, etc.
- oap opera / a serial / a TV series / a drama series / Mini-series/ an episode: Crime, Cops and Robbers, Detective TV Series, Medical dramas, Serial drama (Lost), Science-Fiction (Sci-Fi), Paranormal (The X-Files), Period dramas / Costume Dramas (Downtown Abbey), Fantasy dramas (Game of Thrones),
- Stand-Up Comedies (El Club de la Comedia)
- Talent Shows
- Variety shows
- To channel-hop, To channel-surf, to flick through channels, to zap (informal)
- To switch off / to switch on
- To be on / to be broadcast / to be aired / to be shown
- To be shot / filmed
- To broadcast – broadcast – broadcast
- To watch