Social networks make people less social (Debate)
- When we talk about social networks, we think of Facebook, Twitter, _____________________, etc.
- When Gerry uses the word social, he is thinking about _____________________ encounters.
- When Gerry was growing up, he used to _____________________ to meet his friends.
- The difference between children these days and children 50 years ago is that today’s children spend all their time _____________________.
- There is much less social _____________________ nowadays.
- People have fewer social _____________________ than they used to.
- Dave states that playing _____________________ is not a face-to-face activity.
- In Dave’s opinion, social networks are just a(n) _____________________.
- If there is a problem, it is the people who are using them who are _________________ for it, not social networks.
- According to Dave, social networks can be used in an anti-social way, for example:
- stalking a(n) ______________________.
- online ______________________.
- However, social networking _____________________ makes it easy for people to access the sites where the actions mentioned in question 9 can be carried out.
- Dave’s _____________________ is the fact that the people watching the video found out about it on social network.
– REBUTTAL: a statement that refutes sth said or written. Refutación.
– TO PIGEONHOLE: to assign to a place in an orderly system, esp. in a narrow-minded way; to put aside for the present, esp. with the intention of ignoring or forgetting, often indefinitely. Encasillar, clasificar como.
- CHAT ROOMS (CHATROOMS)
- GO OUTISDE
- TEXTING / ONLINE / INSIDE
- ABILITIES / ACTIVITIES / FACE-TO-FACE ENCOUNTERS
- HIDE-AND SEEK (HIDE-AND-GO-SEEK – cANADIAN ENGLISH)
- CELEBRITY – GAMING / READING
- TECNOLOGY / AVAILABILITY