1. Are you usually afraid of speaking your mind? If not, do you know anyone who is? Why are they? What is the downside of speaking your mind?
2. Has the prospect of living abroad ever crossed your mind?
3. Have you ever told anyone to mind their own business? If so, why? Have you ever been told to mind your own business?
4. Have you ever been in two minds about choosing a subject at school / a degree to study / a job to accept / a hobby to take up?
5. Is it difficult for you to make your mind up?
6. Have you ever been bored out of your mind in class / at work / during a lecture or a conference / a film or a play at the theatre / at a party?
7. Dou you agree with the saying “Out of sight, out of mind”?
8. Have you ever given anyone a piece of your mind? If so, when was the last time you did? What was the argument about? What happened in the end?
9. What do you have to bear in mind when choosing a new flat to live in / a job to do / a degree to study?
10. What kind of things usually slips your mind? When does that more frequently happen? Do you remember the last time something slipped your mind?
11. Has your doctor / teacher / mother / father / a friend ever set your mind at rest? If so, what was the matter?