NEWSPAPERS AND MAGAZINES
- Do you often read the news?
- Which magazines and newspapers do you read?
- What kinds of newspapers and magazines do teenagers read in Spain?
- What’s the main difference between a newspaper and a magazine?
- Describe a newspaper or a magazine that you like reading. Tell your partner about:
– What the publication is about,
– What kind of information it contains,
– How often you read it,
– And explain why you read it.
- Are Spanish newspapers biased or do they present the news in an objective way?
- Do you think some news or cartoons should be banned or censored? Remember the Charlie Hebdo terrorist attacks or the cartoons a Danish newspaper published depicting the Prophet Muhammad.
- What are the benefits of reading a newspaper or a magazine?
- What kinds of articles are you most interested in?
- Have you ever read a newspaper or magazine in English?
- As the Internet is getting more and more popular, do you think newspapers and magazines might one day disappear? Do you prefer reading the news online or on printed newspapers?
- Why is it important to read the news?
- Should the government control what is in our newspapers?
- What kind of person can become a good journalist?
- What do you think the important qualities for a news reporter?