- Do you read fashion magazines?
- Do you follow fashion shows?
- What do you think of the clothes models wear during fashion shows?
- Do you think it is important to wear fashionable clothes?
- What are some of the strangest fashions you have ever seen?
- Does being in fashion mean the same as being elegant?
- Who is the most elegant woman you have ever met?
- What would you think of men who wear long beards or buns for fashion’s sake?
- Do you think that the clothes we wear reflect our personality?
- Do you think people may get the wrong impression of a person depending on the clothes he / she wears?
VOCABULARY RELATED TO FASHION:
- FASHION SHOW – FASHION WEEK
- CATWALK = RUNWAY: A narrow ramp extending from the stage into the audience in a theatre, nightclub, etc. especially used by models in a fashion show.
- READY-TO-WEAR CLOTHES / HAUTE COUTURE
- FASHION BRAND: Zara, Emidio Tucci, etc.
- FASHION HOUSE.
- FASHIONISTA (either a designer, a magazine editor or sb who loves wearing the latest fashion).
- HIPSTER: Trendy young person who likes wearing low-waisted trousers.
- MANNEQUIN: (UK) a figure used to model clothing. / (US) a model.
- DREADLOCKS: Rastafarian hairstyle.
- STYLISH / SMART / ELEGANT
- BUN: Hair tied into a round knot.
- FASHIONABLE = TRENDY